Monoethanol amine (2 aminoethanol) — organic compound, the representative of class of amino alcohols, dense oily liquid, mixes up with water in every respect, possesses strong alkaline properties.
- As absorbents of "acid" gases (H2S, CO2, SO2, etc. ) in refining processes of process gases at the enterprises of oil processing, gas and chemical industries. Absorbed gas is emitted when heating solution, the regenerated monoethanol amine goes to recycling;
- As raw materials for receiving emulsifiers, dispergators, stabilizers of foams, washing and cleaners, shampoos, surfactant, etc. ;
- For receiving ethylene diamine, N - vinylpyrrolidone and some other chemicals;
- In pharmaceutics as buffer substance and for stabilization of emulsions;
- By production of herbicides, cosmetics, antihistaminic preparations
Packaging, transportation and storage:
Monoethanol amine (MEA) is filled in in steel barrels. Transport in the covered railway cars and in the covered vehicles the motor transport, and also in own or leased railway tanks and in automobile tanks.
Monoethanol amine (MEA) is stored in hermetically closed barrels under canopy or in the closed warehouse far from heating devices, and also in reservoirs on the open areas under pillow of inert gas, at temperature from minus 40 to 50 °C.
Joint storage with caustic, aggressive products, especially with nitric acid and in the presence of chlorine is not allowed.
Warranty period of storage of monoethanol amine (MEA) of the highest and first grades — one year, the second and third grades — 3 years from the date of production.